Station 26 - Orcas
Station 26 is located at 1163 Killebrew Lake Road, east of Orcas Landing. The land was gifted by Peter Whittier in 1981 and the 2-bay station was built by Steve Lewis, finished in 1982. The Orcas response area is from the Orcas Landing to the 2700 block of Dolphin Bay Rd. which includes Victorian Valley, the south side of Mt. Woolard, Guthrie Cove and the southwest shore of Eastsound. It houses a one-thousand gallon 2005 Seagrave Engine plus the original 1966 Ford front mount 1000 gallon Fire engine, which was the first our district purchased new. The Islands Oil Spill Association also stores their boom response trailer at Station 26 for quick access and response.
Members: Lt Dave Mowrey, EMT Kellan Bernhardt, FF/EMT John Howard, EMT Heather Thomas, EMT Joe Nitz, Cadet Liam Nutt, EMT Maria Nutt, FF/EMT Mark O'Neill, FF/EMT Jim Scheib and FF/EMT Seth Ybarra.